Pin It

Thursday, January 22, 2009

did I say I had cast on for a sock????? hahahahahah




Ok so this is what I'm dreaming of. Lots and lots of pretty warm fabulous socks, knit by me. But my dream hasn't come true so far. The sock I cast on? Well I frogged it. I decided I wanted to try a different sock.


Well I have cast on at least 5 times in the last hour. Once it was too loose, rip rip, next it was too tight as I changed to a size 1 dp needle, rip rip. Then I tried casting on for a toe up sock by wrapping 6 times around 2 needles, .........rip rip. NOw I just almost had a cuff down sock all cast on using the twisted german cast on but I didn't allow enough of a tail, grrrrrrrrrrr........rip rip.


That is where I am right now. I want to knit a tightly knitted pretty sock to wear but I need a simple enough pattern but since I want to challenge myself I fell like a simple basic sock pattern won't do.


Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have made a pair of socks, and then one sock and then a pair of baby socks. That's it , well except one time I crocheted a pair of socks. HELP!!!!

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I will look for the pattern I used for my first real knitted sock... I will let you know tomorrow

LizzieK8 said...

Try this one:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTcrusoe.html